Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT
(12-27-2019, 03:01 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 02:42 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: And a Harden drive was the bail out for the Rockets. Did not work. Not as reliable as a midrange shot or postup if I am just interested in 2-points for a single possession.
And that´s ignoring that Luka is more likely to shoot a step back 3 in those situations anyway.

I'm not against Dirk or KD style post ups if we have spmeone who can do it. But KD didn't always post up. He faced up and drove. Many of Dirk's biggest moments were drives. Luka can post up, and his drives aren't exactly like Hardens. Harden relies so much on getting fouled or shooting the 3. Luka seems to have endless iterations of layups, floaters and even turn around jumpers. Jordan and other great players started end game scenarios facing the basket and creating off the dribble. Many famous end game scenarios have ended in corner threes from kick outs.

You're not saying this, but regarding the topic at hand, KP post ups don't seem to be the leading candidate for an answer.

You're thought of having some higher percentage end game sets that include the mid range or high post plays, I have nothing against.

Agree. I don´t think posting up KP is the solution or it at least isn´t the solution right now. I don´t really care if the solution is a face up or post up play. Mavs just desperately need an alternative option when the high octane pick and roll offense struggles. It´s probably more about the lack of a reliable 2nd option and less about the actual play call.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT - by dirkfansince1998 - 12-27-2019, 03:08 PM