Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 75: Dallas Mavericks (45-29) vs. Golden State Warriors (40-34)
(04-03-2024, 06:40 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: If you deliberately try to maim Steph, you're gonna have problems, from everybody. Not a smart thing to do.

(04-04-2024, 09:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't think it's unreasonable to have an enforcer knock around the opposing team with force. But there's a respectful way to go about it.

Dirty plays shouldn't happen. Plays meant to injure another definitely shouldn't happen. But a strong screen or a hard foul where Curry takes a tumble and is put off his rhythm is fine in my book. Basketball should and is a contact sport. So lets play with some physicality!

I fully agree that dirty plays should not happen. 

What I'm saying only applies to teams like the Warriors, who consistently use Draymond to either injure the opposing team's best player or get them ejected, (and I believe it's done intentionally with the blessing of their team as a whole). For example, the stomp to Sabonis' chest, the finger straight into Jokic's eye, the shove into Donovan Mitchell's back... these are just some of many incidents. If the Mavs and Warriors face off in the playoffs, you know he's going to try doing the same to Luka.

So, if and when they use Draymond to do stuff like this, then in response only, the other team should ignore Draymond and take the Warriors' best player fully out of the game too. Winning is all that should matter in this situation, and your chances of winning go down considerably if they take out your best player while you only take out Draymond in return.

That's all I'm saying.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 75: Dallas Mavericks (45-29) vs. Golden State Warriors (40-34) - by RGP1981 - 04-05-2024, 12:49 AM