Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 61: Philadelphia 76ers (34-25) vs. Dallas Mavericks (34-26)
Can't believe that we lost again, against a team like that. On a positive note: They could defend in the end, when they acutally tried and had the right personnel on the court. I think these are my key takeaways:

- Lively is in another stratosphere than Gafford, especially defensively. I am happy we have Gafford as Lively-insurance but he is just that. In the playoffs, we can only run with Lively (big lineups) or Maxi (small lineups)
- DJJ is the best defenser on this team outside of PJ, Maxi and Exum. Green is overrated (and was by me). It is still going to be tough to play DJJ because his shot is nowhere near as reliable as Greens but whoever is hot offensively has to play out of Green, DJJ and Exum in closing minutes.
- PJ is the future. His 3-point-shot is awful so far but I think he will come around and be a 18 point scorer as our third option. This combined with excellent defense gives me alot of hope. Him and Maxi together looks great!
- Luka and Kyrie keep you in any game. They both had a subpar game, Luka with 7 TOs and Kyrie missing a lot of layups he usually makes.

Negative takeaways:
- our Coach is the worst in the business. His lineups and decisions just baffle me! I am not sure what happened late in the fourth, when they doubled somebody late in the clock and leaving Batum open in the corner. Either it is by design or due to lack of understading by the players - both is on coaching.
- Hardaway is horrible. His confidence is gone and so is his shot end consequently all of his value on the court. It is not even him not scoring, he is just doing stupid stuff out there, ballwatching, turning it over, being out of position... I want ZERO minutes from Timmy and all of them going to, like I said, who is on fire offensively out of Exum, Green, DJJ and probably even Hardy.
- Gafford is an awful defender, him going for blocks is really annoying because it always opens up something else. Still happy to have him as a backup, because he is a great rebounder and lob-threat

(03-03-2024, 01:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don’t understand how Gafford can be such a great offensive rebounder and such a bad defensive rebounder at the same time.

Luka’s defense has been particularly bad today, so far.

I wonder if he’s actually hurting. The reaction movement on defense does not seem to be there in some very basic ways.

It is because he is ALWAYS going for the block and opening up space for the attackers and offensive rebounders. Should change his mentatliy but I guess he understands his role as being a highlight shotblocker and overestimates the value of a block like the casual fan does.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 03-03-2024, 02:26 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 03-03-2024, 03:20 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 03-03-2024, 03:39 PM
RE: Game 61: Philadelphia 76ers (34-25) vs. Dallas Mavericks (34-26) - by meistermatze - 03-04-2024, 09:31 AM