Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST
(12-04-2023, 04:54 PM)mvossman Wrote: Who is your primary target for that DJJ upgrade?  Siakam?

I would like to see a healthy Maxi return and see if he can get back to what he used to be.  What are you willing to send out at the TDL for that backup center role?

Question #1:  Anyone who obviously pushes GWill to the bench.  Siakam would be the best I could imagine, but we won't have the capital to do that until summer.  Maybe the Collins and Grant and PJ types could be had at the TDL?

Question #2:  I'm about done with Maxi.  If I'm trading for a center this season (if), it is to set us up with greater certainty for the playoffs.  Just like you can't give away playoff games because your center gets in foul trouble (a known issue), you can't give them away because Maxi gets dinged again (another known issue)  If one doesn't care about the playoffs this year, then stand pat and it is a developmental year.  I'm just not sold we have the patience for that (nor am I sold that we should have the patience for that).

The quality of center and what else we send out determines where I am on sending 2027 and what the protections look like.  I think part of acquiring a 2028 second is that it can serve as the consolation prize if 2027 doesn't convey because of the protections.  I've never been sold on Hardy being untouchable.  I think you can find undersized gunners with questionable handles any time you want.  So, he could be included also.  Something to be mindful of is some of the teams that come up in rumors already have their version of Hardy.  For instance, does Hardy to Utah make any sense when they already have Sexton and Clarkson?
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick, ItsGoTime, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 12-02-2023, 11:54 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by Chicagojk - 12-02-2023, 11:58 PM
RE: Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST - by DanSchwartzgan - 12-04-2023, 07:28 PM