Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: Brooklyn Nets (0-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-0) | 120-125 WIN!!!!!
(10-29-2023, 05:04 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: You seem like a nice person and I bet you're a great neighbor.  Anyway, I appreciate your proposal and general positivity.  However, I think message board behavior probably can't be manipulated by kindness and decency.  I also think the arguments on message boards are what is entertaining.  If everyone agrees with everything, then I don't really want to participate.  

I will try to be a bit more positive in my analysis of the players post-victory.  In my short time posting, I have generally defended the players that other posters roast-  Dwight Powell and THJ.  I was also a big advocate of signing DJJ so I'll defend that player as well.  I think it's still fair to criticize individual player performance after a game though.  These are professionals and not our children.   I don't think I'll be able to say a lot of nice things about Jason Kidd though without lying.  I think he's proven to be one of the 3 worst coaches in the NBA and he's separating himself from that pack so far this season with his lineup decisions.

Anyway, I appreciate your response and hope you maintain your positivity even after the inevitable losses.  It is definitely welcome here.

(10-29-2023, 11:17 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I love the cordial exchanges on what we want to see.

I will say that the general negativity isn't isolated to this Mavs board. Reddit posted their own grievances saying much of the same here:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Mavericks/comme..._too_much/

I just think after last season and basically the last 10 years of continual dysfunction and embarrassment, we as a fanbase have reached its boiling over point. Dirk has spoiled us. We're already taking Luka's performances a bit for granted as he is a nightly 30/10/10. 

No one is immune to frustration. I think it's good, and at times necessary, to vent out issues with a team as it leads to a healthy discussion. But a balance needs to be struck. I'm glad we're all working together to find it. 

Let's go Mavs!

Good post. Our frustration is valid of course but is also precisely the reason why a fresh start approach to this season is so important for the health of this board which can still be the best Mavericks board. Venting feels good sometimes and is normal but can also be dangerous to the enjoyment of the board. Other people don’t always care to hear our vent. Yet our right to free venting speech is both enshrined in the Constitution and overused all across society. 

Thanks for all of your recent efforts. At least one of our relatively quiet posters has noticed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-27-2023, 08:42 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-27-2023, 08:47 PM
RE: GAME 2: Brooklyn Nets (0-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-0) | 120-125 WIN!!!!! - by Reunion Mav - 10-29-2023, 12:16 PM