Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: Brooklyn Nets (0-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-0) | 120-125 WIN!!!!!
(10-28-2023, 04:51 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: It was a lot of fun to watch Luka's brilliance all game and ultimately see Luka drag the team to an incredible, dramatic victory.

However, it is a message board where we discuss the team and the games.

Everyone not named Luka struggled to contribute positively last night.  Coaching is also a problem on this team as our best players often don't play.  While it is amazing to win in dramatic fashion, the Nets are a very middling team and we required some Luka wizardry to defeat them.  They were also missing two of their best players-  Claxton and Cam Johnson.

We can all enjoy the win but still express concerns.  That shouldn't take away from your happiness at the victory.  I'm happy too.  I'm also concerned though about our roster and especially our coaching.  I think all fans should be.

Ok I hear you and I’ve heard this position on this board many times. I have a solution in two parts. When I still had season tickets thru 2014 I used to listen to Randy Gallaway. He had over reaction Monday. The key to this show was everything was based on win or lose. When Mavs win we place strong emphasis on the positives and pick the team apart with constructive criticism after losses. This solves what some including me are frustrated with by putting a guiding rule in place. When the game is over and we win it’s over reaction Monday on positive observations and the same when we lose about constructive observations. PS. During the game I don’t see any way to solve frustration posting. I simply decide to watch on League Pass and read later.

Part 2. Some are using a lot of hate toward certain players coaches etc. That aspect of this board that has been a part of this board for many years but needs to be toned down or at least stopped after wins. This is also true about those times we fall into spats simply trying to prove our position directly against another Maverick fan. Both of these dynamics have cost all of us many valued poster’s including potentially at least 3 today. 

Killer has been doing a great job of leading us toward a better board. Let’s follow his example. One example is give our beloved Champion Mr. Jason Kidd another chance.
[-] The following 2 users Like Reunion Mav's post:
  • DallasMaverick, surfpuckmd
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-27-2023, 08:42 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-27-2023, 08:47 PM
RE: GAME 2: Brooklyn Nets (0-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (1-0) | 7:30pm CST - by Reunion Mav - 10-28-2023, 05:50 PM