Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dame Trade: Dame to MIL| Holiday+Ayton+1sts to POR| Nurkic, Allen, Little to PHX
(09-28-2023, 08:00 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Are the Celtics one of the winners of the Dame trade?  With Miami missing out, it really feels like a two team race in the East.  Miami can never be discounted and Philly still has the talent to compete for a title, but it sorts out the playing field.  In addition, while Milwaukee is formidable and maybe better, they have less wing defense talent to match up against Tatum and Brown. 

It seems like Jrue will have a lot of suitors.  I hear the Celtics while interested, probably isn't likely.  From what I understand they would have to include Brogdon (they seem fine with that) and either Robert Williams or Al Horford.  Plus a pick or two.    That seems like a lot.  But if it was Williams, would you have an interest in him?  Any idea what his value is?

True, Boston would need to send Brogdon and one of their centers, opening a hole from last season they (think) just plugged with KP. 

As it was discussed before, the JRue value is likely something as an expiring contract, FRP and a young player. Similar to Boston, Dallas would also need to send Holmes (or Kleber) in addition to THJ, which could mean additional problems at center. However, I could see a world where Portland would value Green and 27 pick. 

Portland is way over salary cap for next season, so perhaps expiring salary is not that relevant for them. Unless they make other salary dumping deals, they can't really get relevant cap space for next season (or even a season after), as all their high salary guys (Simons, Grant, Ayton, Henderson and Thybulle) have long term deals.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 09-28-2023, 03:24 AM
RE: Dame Trade: Dame to MIL| Holiday+Ayton+1sts to POR| Nurkic, Allen, Little to PHX - by omahen - 09-28-2023, 08:14 AM