Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead part of offseason, what do you think is the worst/best trade in Mavs history
(08-08-2023, 10:06 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Love the story, but what's your beef with Nick the quick?????

Actually personal in nature...

So I was at Trinity Valley in '88 when Shawn Kemp was there. Thought of myself as a decent enough player but this guy was hanging in the auxiliary gym and just destroyed me. I hit one shot, and the dude said nice shot (skyhook) you won't get that again... Guy was just super chill and actually thanked me and a buddy for hooping with him - that was Shawn Kemp.
Kemp declares for the '89 draft.

Next fall Trinity Valley brings in NVE.
That spring I am playing intramural softball and Nick is on the opposing team. He is left-handed and needs to borrow my glove. I am good with it and we go a couple of innings. He comes up to bat and running out a ground ball to short. He was blazing fast and our SS had no chance of throwing him out, but I am holding the bag just in case our SS doesn't realize it until after throwing. When Nick gets to first he shoulder checks me, and basically challenges me to a fight for staring at him. When the inning was over he is standing on first whistling for me to give him my glove... Well being petty, I have never been more comfortable while sitting on my glove.

Go forward a few years and the check of the ref over the scorers table while playing for the Lakers confirmed everything I ever felt regarding him. Right until Dallas traded for Raef LaFrentz - then... Well I was conflicted.
[-] The following 2 users Like SkenfromLMF's post:
  • KillerLeft, MrGoat
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dead part of offseason, what do you think is the worst/best trade in Mavs history - by SkenfromLMF - 08-10-2023, 12:30 AM