Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stein: "Don't Worry About Mavs Moves"
(07-04-2023, 01:34 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I think the only RFA that is worth the 2027 unprotected is PJ Washington, cause he has enough upside and the right age to even double that return with the right progression.

I was screaming like a crazy person to jump on the JA-DAJ-Houston catastrophe as it transpired. In the end It cost the Cavs the 24th pick last year to get Jarrett Allen. Cost us the 25th pick to get Christian Wood. Plus eating the contract of Taurean Prince, who turned out to be better than Josh Richardson anyway.

PJ Washington is somebody that could improve his value significantly. Plus you can make a side deal with either Hayward or Oubre/Myhkailiuk. With Hayward you basically get the same benefit, I said you would have gotten with Westbrook. Don´t just look at his current contract, but also his next one. Yes $31.5M for Hayward is bad. How does 36/3 for the 6th man of the year sound?

THJ + McGee + 2027 unprotected possibly gets you Washington + Oubre + Mykhailiuk

The Hayward one could be difficult to match the salaries. Probably need to involve all of THJ + Bullock + McGee + Wood and then you might get there, but then the cap legality might be tricky. If you throw in Holmes instead of Wood, you suddenly are a center short.

But all in all I think either outcome:

Doncic/Hardy/Exum
Irving/Curry/ Mykhailliuk
Green/Oubre/Bullock
Washington/Kleber/Omax
Holmes/Powell/Lively

Doncic/Hardy/Exum
Irving/Curry/
Green/Hayward/
Washington/Kleber/Omax
Bamba Big Grin /Powell/Lively

are some of the best we can hope for.

I´m not giving up that 2027 for Williams, Reed, Thybulle or Dosunmu. That is nuts. Chance I´d be proven wrong by those, too. I just don´t see it.

Giving up an unprotected pick for either seems insane to me
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-04-2023, 06:53 AM
RE: Stein: "Don't Worry About Mavs Moves" - by Jym - 07-04-2023, 01:48 PM