Poll: What is the probability that Kyrie will be a Mav next season?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0% < P < 10%
4.76%
1 4.76%
10% < P < 20%
9.52%
2 9.52%
20% < P < 30%
0%
0 0%
30% < P < 40%
0%
0 0%
40% < P < 50%
4.76%
1 4.76%
50% < P < 60%
4.76%
1 4.76%
60% < P < 70%
9.52%
2 9.52%
70% < P < 80%
19.05%
4 19.05%
80% < P < 90%
0%
0 0%
90% < P < 100%
47.62%
10 47.62%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the probability that Kyrie will be a Mav next season?
(04-05-2023, 12:39 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I’m basically at a 100% he’ll re-sign, right where I’ve been since the second the trade went down. He demanded a trade specifically because the Nets didn’t want to give him his long term, guaranteed deal (can’t blame them), NOT because he didn’t want to finish the season there. It was about getting his bird rights to a team willing to pony up. 

We know Dallas will offer the max because of what they gave up to get him. They decided to do that BEFORE making the trade. Kyrie’s attitude about being here is indicative of his understanding that the offer he wants is coming. If Dallas hadn’t decided long ago to make the offer he wants, he’d be on a different team right now.

The only suspenseful detail of the deal is: 3, 4 or 5 years? Knowing Cuban as a negotiator, I’m guessing at least 4 and probably all 5. 

Then, with the ink dry, the clock starts running on how long Kyrie is happy here before he forces his way out. Could be a year, could be two. He could be gone by the very next trade deadline - who knows? 

My favorite part is that Luka will get a front row seat to the “how to make this all about me” master class Kyrie is about to put on.

Feel differently after Cubans comments yesterday?

He talked about the new CBA and hinted there’s probably a number where they have to walk away.

I'd love to have him stay for sure," Cuban said, via ESPN's Tim MacMahon. "I'd love to have him. I want him to stay for sure, and I think we have a good shot. I think he's happy here. He tells me he's happy here, and I get along great with him. I think he's a good guy. All I can tell you is everything I thought I knew about Kyrie because of everything I read was 100% wrong."
Dallas can offer Irving as much as $272 million over five years, more than any other team due to possessing his Bird rights.
Cuban was not willing to confirm whether or not the Mavericks would be able to secure Irving's services in free agency, and whether or not they would be outbid by another team.
"I don't know," Cuban stated. "I guess there's always too high a price, depending, but now with the new CBA, it's a different world."
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the probability that Kyrie will be a Mav next season? - by RoyTarpleysGhost - 04-06-2023, 02:54 PM