Poll: Who will win the game? (Clips 1.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
45.00%
9 45.00%
Clippers
55.00%
11 55.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17: LAC (13-5) @ DAL (11-6) | 99-114 loss
Bullets:
  • I considered this game a bonus after that impressive outing in Houston. I'm not a huge fan of the "benchmark" label the game got. Clippers are a team I'm OK losing to because they are quite simply better. Mavs got outplayed by a superior opponent. Happens. The goal still should be to make the playoffs and for that games like against the Suns are much more telling.
  • For the same reason I hope Luka develops a bit more of a "one of 82" mindset. I absolutely love how competitive he is, and he struggled for sure vs. the Clippers defense, but you shouldn't get too pissed about such a game. This was not losing against the Knicks. Twice.
  • I think ESPN titled that the Clippers are what the Mavs want to become, and I couldn't agree more. The game showed how vulnerable Dallas is if opponents are able to limit Luka. Ideally you then have a co-star and an additional playmaker off the bench to step in. Kawhi struggled, but George had it going and Lou Williams was +24. KP simply isn't yet ready to take over games and we lack a true 6th man as well.
  • A couple more thoughts on KP specifically: The Clippers are an awful matchup for Luka, but it's a game in which KP should be able to dominate. That's why the Mavs paid him and he has to be able thrive in these situations. I'm not worried and think he'll get there, but this was a good reminder that for now Dallas only goes as far as Luka takes them.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 17: LAC (13-5) @ DAL (11-6) | 99-114 loss - by j0Shi - 11-27-2019, 02:29 PM