Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 13: LAC (8-7) @ DAL (8-5) | 103-101 win
(11-16-2022, 02:28 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: They have to. He's the only sure thing on the team that gives them a chance to win every night, he bailed them out last night.  Bullock and THJ play Jekyll and Hyde too often, and Kidd doesn't really trust Green yet.   Improve the roster, then he'll have a chance to rest.

I'm not sure it's this simple. I know this is sacrilegious around here, but I think Luka might be part of the problem.  

To my mind, the reason those shots started falling last night was, in part, because the ball was moving much more than it has so far this season. One of the reasons for that was that the Clipps started to double and trap, which teams haven't been doing so much lately, and don't get me wrong - if Luka has a mismatch 1-on-1 then the numbers probably tell you his usage rate is warranted. BUT, I feel like more of an effort to get other players in rhythm early could be made, and that it would help the offense significantly. 

This is basically what Donnie Nelson said on the radio (and he got flamed for saying it) a couple of years ago, and I think that he was correct (though could've expressed the thought a bit better). I just don't know at this point if it's a Luka problem or a Kidd problem. Either way, it's all a work in progress and probably not as "end of the world" as we think.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 13: LAC (8-7) @ DAL (8-5) | 103-101 win - by KillerLeft - 11-16-2022, 02:35 PM