Poll: Who steps up to lead the Mavs to victory?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Brunson
35.71%
5 35.71%
Dinwiddie
42.86%
6 42.86%
Bullock
0%
0 0%
DFS
14.29%
2 14.29%
Powell
0%
0 0%
Maxi
0%
0 0%
Someone else (mention who!)
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 1: UTA (1-0) vs. DAL (0-1)| 99-93 Loss
I think that was the game to win for the Mavs.  Mavs just don't have enough without a healthy Doncic.   They are pretty limited even with Luka.   Gobert was really a factor for the Jazz.   Mavs got a low three point shooting game from Utah and got a lot of free throws themselves.  It would have been awesome if they could have stolen that game.

With that being said, this is a different Mavs team.  Just tough.  DFS was good.  Jalen wasn't as efficient as usual but they really need him getting shots up.  I thought he was really tough as well.  Just a fighter.  Mavs just need better minutes from Maxi, Josh Green, Bertans and Powell.  I am just not sure how much better they can get.   Tough spots for them.  One thing that sticks out like a sore thumb in playoff basketball is Kleber in your closing 5.   Mavs just need to find a better player to finish those games.  If that means you move on from Kleber or have him in a lower bench role, so be it.   Powell probably isn't a great option late either.   Mavs just need another front court guy to close games. 

My expectations are low if Luka is out, but I was almost pleasantly surprised.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BoredAssistant, HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 1: UTA (1-0) vs. DAL (0-1)| 99-93 Loss - by Chicagojk - 04-16-2022, 09:31 PM