Poll: Who is the Mavs MIP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Brunson
33.33%
10 33.33%
Powell
6.67%
2 6.67%
DFS
26.67%
8 26.67%
Green
33.33%
10 33.33%
Someone else (mention below!)
0%
0 0%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the Mavs Most Improved Player this year?
On the face of it, it seems like Brunson is the obvious answer right? And he'd be a fine choice. The guy increased is PPG by nearly 4 a game. He increased his rebounds and assists as well. He's still shooting an absurdly efficient rate and has gone from a 6th man guy to a legit starter on a playoff team (lets hope this continues in this years playoffs). He's also shown he can step up into a bigger role should Luka need rest or is out from injury, as he averaged 20.4ppg/7.54apg/3.47rpg and limped the team to a so-so 7-10 record. 

But I believe there are many other viable candidates to choose from that aren't preposterous. 

Dwight Powell went from being a guy that was prime candidate number 1 to be included in any trade to being an invaluable rotation piece that fills his role well. His defense has improved to another level and he's still putting up fantastic efficiency numbers. Some few here have been singing the praises of Dwight for a long time and have seen this day coming, but I was not one of them. 

DFS- Not only has Dodo maintained his elite 3pt shooting, he's also added a more varied offensive game this year. How many times did DFS put it on the floor and create a shot for himself before this year? I could probably count on my hand. The numbers back it up too. DFS increased his shot attempts from mid range by almost 42% frequency (mind you it's still only 96 attempts) from last year. He's also increased the amount of attempts at the rim by almost 40 attempts as well. In any case Kidd set out to make DFS a more varied offensive player and we're starting to see that. 

Josh Green- Dude basically didn't play at all last year. Of course Carlisle can be blamed, but Green also just wasn't good enough. Now? He has flourished in Kidd's role for him and has become an actual rotation player. He's made measured improvements throughout the year too (shoutout to Dan for calling that one!) with him shooting over 40% from 3 since the beginning of March (20 games played). 

So who do you think is the Mavs MIP player this year? Is it someone else not mentioned?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 5 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BoredAssistant, DanSchwartzgan, Hogmelon, Jommybone, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Who is the Mavs Most Improved Player this year? - by SleepingHero - 04-10-2022, 08:08 PM