Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locked on Mavs post game (Raptors) podcast
(11-18-2019, 04:59 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 04:36 PM)Lucky Luciano Wrote: It's annoying to keep hearing about 2 minutes in the 3rd vs 2 more in the 4th or should he come out in the 3rd earlier to play more in the 4th as if they have no other options lol. How about Luka just plays the 3rd and 4th quarters and takes a 2 minute break when he's too tired to perform at his best. He's 20, its not that crazy to think he can play longer minutes.

Another cool part of this all is how him playing more off ball helps get the offense going and preserves much more of his energy leaving him on the floor longer to do more Luka magic (Not to mention prevent us from getting destroyed on the boards in those minutes he usually is on the bench)

So there is plenty of opportunity for Luka to stay in during 3rd quarter runs and play more than 6 minutes in the 4th lol.

Side note I understand I am not a top NBA coach nor do I pretend to be. Just pointing out the invisible walls they are putting on something as simple as there being an option to play an extra minute here or there lol

I think the wall is mpg. They've decided how much they want him to play per game and will most likely stick to that in order to keep him from injury and have him ready for the playoffs.

Definitely understand what the "Wall" is as far as restricted minutes go but the the issue is why? His minutes shouldn't be robotic and rigid, they should be organically dealt with pending all the variables of the situation. Some games he will be more tired than others as of course some he will have way more energy for longer periods. Some games we will be down more or up more than others that can all go into minute decisions. Just having a minute cap just to have one is silly imo. Also there are plenty of analytics that can show reasons for him to play longer as well as ones that are there for him to play less...
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Locked on Mavs post game (Raptors) podcast - by Lucky Luciano - 11-20-2019, 06:44 PM