Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A New Found Respect For Dwight Powell
So there I sat with my brother in law on a Friday night ready to watch the Mavs take on the 76ers. Panic sets in. Kristaps and Maxi are out. Being hardcore basketball fans and not advanced stat cherry pickers, we like all other normal hardcore Mavs fans, know Dwight Powell is giga trash. Bracing for the atrocious mismatch and the 30 point loss, I load up on 50 mg of THC.

Then... something happened. Dwight and the Mavs played well. They won. I always know Dwight was a hard worker but that never made a difference to me. I couldn't stand his trash ass play. Under the influence of 100% legal hemp extracted Delta 8 THC, it really hit me. I became OK with Dwight.

Do I still think Dwight sucks... yes
Is Maxi better even after going 0/10 from three... yes
Do I wish Dwight's $$$ was used on a different player position... yes

Does the fact that this one trick pony, cheese strategy player, useless in the playoffs, gives the other team +10 to all attributes when he is the defender, people cherry pick stats to claim he is good because they get a dopamine hit when Luka spoon feeds him a wide open dunk is one of the longest tenured Mavs ever... NOT ANYMORE

TL;DR: Dwight sucks but that is ok
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
A New Found Respect For Dwight Powell - by IamDougieFresh - 03-09-2022, 08:49 PM