Poll: What will Jalen Brunson assist total be? O/U 5.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
40.00%
4 40.00%
Under
60.00%
6 60.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 61: DAL (36-25) vs. GSW (44-17) | 107-101 WIN!!
(02-28-2022, 11:36 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sure, GS would destroy Dallas in a 7-game series. I doubt anyone here thinks differently. The Mavs are not a contender yet, and we all know it. 

But, they are clearly improving and are probably better than they were last year with a chance to keep improving down the stretch. Given how poorly the season started I'm not sure many of us thought that was how the season would end. 

I think we've learned that Kidd can coach. I think we've learned that the new FO has a different plan for building around Luka that I think fits the requests of the complainers among us more than the old plan. To reveal this plan, they bit the bullet and did something they've been needing to do for over a year. 

Most of all, the team is fun to follow again. There's an energy to it that hasn't been around here since the bubble playoffs, really. I think it's pretty easy to be excited and hopeful for your team while simultaneously having realistic expectations in the back of your mind.

And you sir win post of the day with that one. That's exactly my thinking as well. Of course they would be an underdog in a series with GS. But, previously they would have given up in that game and let the blowout commence. They now have guys that know their roles and are starting to believe in each other.

I completely stand corrected on Kidd as a coach. That was my biggest concern. But, I'm seeing that Luka needs a coach that will hold him and the team accountable on D and let Luka run the floor on the other end. Rick probably was too Xs and Os for a guy like Luka. I will gladly eat crow on that one.

They are playing with energy, they are buying into Kidd as a coach, they are playing hard for each other, and Kidd/Nico had the guts to do what the other regime wouldn't have done in moving on from KP. Most importantly Cuban is being quiet. No more treadmill interviews from what I can see. What's not to like.

I'm sure they will make some mistakes along the way but I'm buying what they are selling. I have a feeling that Brunson will be resigned and likely traded for better fitting pieces down the road.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 61: DAL (36-25) vs. GSW (44-17) | 107-101 WIN!! - by audiosway - 02-28-2022, 02:30 PM