Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The NBA has to fix all-star weekend
I'm curious to know the thoughts of the board of what the NBA put out last night.

First off the Steph&Ayesha game show might have been the cringiest thing I've ever seen from the NBA. WHY is that there? I know it's because they're sponsoring the show and trying to promote it, but that's entirely missing the point of what All-star weekend is supposed to be about.

If you're a first time watcher of the NBA, why would the NBA want to direct your attention away from it's players playing basketball? 

Speaking of playing basketball, the skills challenge wasn't too bad, but it's a bad look when your players are routinely missing layups and heaving half court shots. Not really much "skill" there. Also DJ Khaled is so trash how does this guy keep getting work? He just ran around on stage shouting "WE THE BEST" "ANOTHER ONE" while the actual performers drowsily sang. 

The dunk contest.... I mean did anyone else get a feeling midway through that this might have been the worst dunk contest of all time and the NBA should just kill the event? The entire momentum of the night was slaughtered after Jalen Green missed his dunk attempt for the 45th time. Even the announcers were questioning why this event was last. The Cleveland crowd barely murmured when the dunks actually went in, as if to say "please end this I want to go home." 

Oh yeah about the announcers, who at TNT thought they should have DWade on the broadcast? He was worse than as a judge for the dunk contest. I don't understand for the life of me why TNT doesn't just pay Barkley all the money in the world and have him just do these events with Kenny and Shaq. The NFL got Madden for every big game because people loved Madden. People love Barkley and we see him maybe once a week in between halves. 

Literally the only thing good about last night was the 3pt contest. It was entertaining. Fast paced. I didn't even mind the overt advertisement of the DEW SHOT. 

Any thoughts on how to fix all-star weekend? I know David Stern wasn't perfect, but at least he knew how to market All-Star weekend and they were always somewhat fun under his reign.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
The NBA has to fix all-star weekend - by SleepingHero - 02-20-2022, 01:41 PM
RE: The NBA has to fix all-star weekend - by cow - 02-20-2022, 01:48 PM