Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Sabonis+Lamb+Holiday+2nd to SAC | Haliburton+Hield+Tristan to IND
(02-09-2022, 12:47 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I seem to be one of the few who thinks the Kings did just fine. Sabonis is a 20 & 10 guy with an amazing 65% true shooting. Plus, they dumped the useless Hield, cleared out a logjam at point guard, and brought back a couple of other average players who can find solid roles on a middle of the pack team. Don’t get me wrong, this could be a very good long term deal for the Pacers, but the Kings get a solid, low risk return.

The issue is not with Sabonis. I would have loved him here.  That is because we have so little legit starting talent. 

However Sabonis is a poor defender in space for a big guy and if we are not desperate for top heavy talent we would have thought twice because we can’t minimize lack of defense by a big guy when switches happen. 

Is Sabonis currently a better player than Tyrese? Yes. Will Tyrese ever be a scorer you can absolutely count on like Sabonis. Not sure. However even with those deficiencies if the choice was between Tyrese and Sabonis, I will take Tyrese every single time. 

Kings don’t have our issue in that they have another very good guard in Fox. They probably wanted to swap Fox for Sabonis but the Pacers wanted Tyrese and the Kings relented.   Their logic might be it is better to go with two pretty solid players playing different spots   However I would have held off and seen what else I could have got for Fox. Tyrese to me is the type of guard you can win a title with and has no real glaring weakness.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Sabonis+Lamb+Holiday+2nd to SAC | Haliburton+Hield+Tristan to IND - by hakeemfaan - 02-09-2022, 11:37 AM