Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture)
Only a lurker here (but at least a regular one - seriously, well over a year at this point), but maybe I can offer some thoughts in exchange for the enjoyment this place has brought me.

First a couple observations - @"mavsluvr" is perhaps my favorite poster to read here, but it’s been a trend of rising temperature in his joking responses over the last 6 months or so. When he mentioned that his enjoyment has dropped, my first thought was “makes sense.” Life’s too short to post on a message board unless it brings you joy (or a paycheck), so please exit stage left when that’s not the case, regardless of who will miss you. Go be happy instead!

That said, and while I think he’s laying it on a little thick at this point, there are a few points above that feel worth emphasizing. Call it a red flag and two orange.
  1. In the original thread @"Kammrath"’s responded with a few insulting words directed at @"mavsluvr"’s “interactions” and doubled down here that he was only talking about “interactions”. That is a very flimsy veil to hide behind. I suspect if most posters had said the same there’d have been the usual in-thread, directed warning against personal attacks. That defense here probably could’ve used a public dismissal.
  2. Calling humor-intended reductio ad absurdum (and at points, sarcastic) responses “trolling” seems like an overreach that stifles conversation. Sure, they might’ve rankled to be on the other end of them but, in my humble opinion, sometimes humor is the last healthy resort to repeated arguments that already border on the absurd without much exaggeration. Maybe a public dismissal of that “trolling” definition would’ve been helpful for confidence here as well.
  3. When someone posts as prolifically as @"Kammrath" had, asking others to simply not respond to you feels a little off (especially when that person is also a mod). I understand letting individuals request others don’t engage them, but it might be helpful to discourage anyone from taking that avenue and acknowledging that there will be no enforcement of who is allowed to address who no matter what is requested. Seems silly if one poster can wall off their posts from folks of their choosing.
So take those thoughts from a self-proclaimed “objective” observer for what it’s worth. Back to the shadows and all the best (especially to the two primary folks who have been critical cogs in something I enjoy).
[-] The following 2 users Like Not an evil robot's post:
  • MFFL, SleepingHero
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture) - by Not an evil robot - 01-19-2022, 08:31 PM