Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 11.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
91.67%
22 91.67%
Knicks
8.33%
2 8.33%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: NYK (2-7) @ DAL (5-3) | 102-106 loss
(11-09-2019, 03:22 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Great news but this would hold more water if Luka actually backed up his words; he said same thing after the POR loss but immediately went back to hero ball versus DEN, which almost cost us the game. For better or for worse, I think we just need to get used to this Westbrook/Harden style of play until he gets older or "top 2 coach" Carlisle can step up.

And this is interesting because, we have heard this from Luka on more than one occasion the past few weeks only to revert. This might be compulsive and with a kid that's understandable. I would kill to know the club's position on this. Is it the ol' hands-off, he will figure it out approach? Are conversations happening? Are there plans to work him off the ball more, maybe freeing him to work off screens or out of the post?

I mean, obviously, the best thing for this team is for Luka to facilitate and be at the wheel of this offense a lot . But there are times Dallas should be using him differently. His skill set is such that he can hurt opponents in a number of ways. Running him off a dribble from the left wing for the better part of 40 minutes every night seems to me not the most creative or efficient use of his talents.  He will get his numbers no matter what, but the offense will never be as good as it could be.
MFFL est. 1980
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: NYK (2-7) @ DAL (5-3) | 102-106 loss - by scottsp - 11-09-2019, 04:41 PM