Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 11.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
91.67%
22 91.67%
Knicks
8.33%
2 8.33%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: NYK (2-7) @ DAL (5-3) | 102-106 loss
(11-09-2019, 01:57 PM)scottsp Wrote: I do not recall New York defenders at any time last night having the ability to deal with Porzingis or Doncic from the foul line down. Unfortunately, I also fail to recollect Dallas leveraging that advantage for extended periods of time. 

Obviously, this team has some talent. Yes, Luka is a mere wisp of a lad and KP is still trying to find his legs, his game. It does take time. I get all that. But that doesn't mean these issues somehow resolve themselves and I don't know that I trust this organization to act on it except to say, "Shots will fall. Things will work out."

We are not a particularly intelligent team on the floor and many of these mistakes don't take the guile of a ten-year vet to adapt or even steer clear. 

This.  No one regards Chuck Daley as a genius even though he has more titles than RC.  However, Daley had one philosophy on offense. If something is working milk it till the other team adjusts. If they adjust that opens up something else.  Then if they start adjusting to that go back to the first thing.   The Knicks made a living posting Ewing around the FT line for his fadeaway jumpers. 

I get it that the 3 pt line has changed the game and I'm not saying don't use it.  However, use it judiciously. When Luka and KP are just killing the Knicks and their assortment of power forwards down low, why settle for long jumpers? 

I don't see RC or anyone else in the organization reigning in Luka. Not just the Mavs. Organizations these days are scared of antagonizing a transcendent talent.  Either Luka has to understand it himself, since he's the leader of this offense or RC needs to recruit some veteran like Dirk to get into his ear.  Dirk's game went to the next level when he was able to go to his post up game too along with his usual reliable long distance sthot.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: NYK (2-7) @ DAL (5-3) | 102-106 loss - by hakeemfan - 11-09-2019, 02:46 PM