Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The FACTUAL UNDISPUTABLE Best Big Man on the Roster
(05-20-2022, 09:03 AM)mvossman Wrote: To be clear, I'm not hyper focused on 5 out.  I think we could be just fine with a mobile rim runner  The problem is Powell is making it much easier for opposing centers to hang in the paint for rim protection, but he is getting dominated on the other end, especially on the boards.  I feel like we either need a Maxi like player (and make 5 out our standard offense), or a mobile rim runner who is a better rebounder and rim protector than Powell.  The list of guys who fit one or the other of these lists is actually quite long (I started a list in another thread, but it would be well over 30 players).

Oh, that's all super clear. 

My point was about something else entirely, however. I do NOT agree (if it's what you're saying) that playing 5 out was the ONLY way the Mavs made Utah/PHX pay for playing Gobert/Ayton. It contributed, but I think they also did some really smart things to make sure the right guys (guys THEY wanted, not the opponent) were in the help positions once Luka got the switches (usually onto the 5, but sometimes the 1) he wanted on offense. 

I would expect Kidd and co (mainly Gurgich, I bet) to figure out similar ways of using this box and 1 against GS. At least, that's what I hope they are able to do.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The FACTUAL UNDISPUTABLE Best Big Man on the Roster - by KillerLeft - 05-20-2022, 11:29 AM