Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor
(06-18-2021, 05:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote: My answer at this point: 

POWER

I think Cuban gave RC lots of power and say in the organization over all sorts of things, including GM type decisions. I think that power was ratcheted back over the last couple years and Cuban informed RC that it was going to be ratcheted back even further while also giving a future GM the power to decide his coaching fate. That is my best guess of WHY RC bailed now and didn't before.

Always thought that it was the complete opposite but we are all guessing. Just as likely that you are right. Looking at the rosters of the last few seasons nothing screams RC to me. Lost ballhandling (RC used to run 2-3 ballhandlers on the floor at the same time). Added non shooting guards and wings.
We also know that he never wanted Rondo but Donnie/Mark/Dirk pushed for it.
Plenty of reasons for RC to leave now. A friend of him was just fired by the organization. According to the reports his position was in doubt anyway. And we cannot forget the reports about Voulgaris and his role. I think that was the biggest issue for both Donnie and Rick. If Voulgaris really made rotation decisions and started to give instructions from the bench the headcoach is a puppet as well. No need to continue with the farce. We saw the resulting power struggle. Donnie lost. Was only a matter of time before RC would have faced a similar situation. He decided to move on and left.
Well...That´s my most likely scenario.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Dirk Joining the Mavs Front Office as a Special Advisor - by dirkfansince1998 - 06-18-2021, 05:50 PM