Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-26-2021, 04:55 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Two possibilities come to mind (though there may be others):

1. Ford was the PR move and the Dirk/Finley/others committee did the real decisionmaking.

2. Ford was already doing work and the Dirk/Finley/others committee was the PR move.

The committee thing smells more like a PR move to me. But certainly I don’t know. Cato’s stuff seems to suggest “league sources” think otherwise.

I appreciate this. 

My hunch is that Cuban did in fact legitimately listen to Forde AND to the Dirk committee....however I think there was huge added benefit to Cuban that BOTH "looked good" to outsiders as well. A sort of "win-win" for him.

I think Cuban:

1) Wanted Forde because he does value outside opinions (even if he doesn't always follow them) and knew that this hire was make or break for his Luka era. There is no way that Cuban is oblivious to how incredibly important these moves are for the future of his franchise and winning. I am certain Cuban wants to win more than anything and he has to see that Luka is his golden ticket. 

2) Wanted Dirk/committee involved because he realizes these guys are the FACE of the franchise and he desperately needs them on board to continue to have a good product/franchise. I think Cuban values their input because he respects their basketball wisdom and because they make his franchise what it is.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor - by Kammrath - 06-26-2021, 05:03 PM