Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
85.71%
12 85.71%
Clippers
14.29%
2 14.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROUND 1, GAME 6: LAC (3-3) @ DAL (3-3) | 97-104 loss
(06-04-2021, 11:55 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: On defense both have similar problems. Cannot defend in space. Boban is even slower but also stronger and a way better rebounder.
On offense Boban can set "real" screens. Also has the strength to establish position in the paint. For easy paint catches or offensive rebounds. Boban plays like a big. KP plays like a 7´3 SG.

Happy to cosign this take.  Idea 

Offensively Bobi is an old school big, get me close to the basket and let me work.  
KP on offense I've always seen similar to what you said playing best like a 7'3" SF rather than a SG.  
He has some inside game, some roll and rim and yeah he may even be more a modern PF.  

Problem is all on defense of course.  KP is capable but I don't think his body can take too much of that pounding that is required when he is in Unicorn mode on defense. 
Part of him has to know this too, the last thing he wants is to increase is odds of another long term injury.  There's a just a difference between playing hard and going ALL OUT throwing your body into the mix with these physical customers like Morris, Zubac and Kawhi. 
Not seeing as much of that reckless abandon defensively from KP which puts his legs and his body in risky positions more often but he's still showing effort.  That's my take. 

Boban is too slow yes, but he does come out and contest with his long arms.  Doc Rivers said on any given night Boban could easily take more than he gives because the other team's shooters are simply not always going to be hot every night. 

At the end of the day as the cliche goes, this is a great coaching chess match, increased respect to both coaching staffs in this series but it will come down to a MAKE and MISS league.  If the Clippers are hot enough shooting, scoring out of the PnR and on the stretch Perimeter while KP and Bobi are not putting it down to supplement Luka & THJ putting it down, then no strategy will work for Dallas.  Carlisle will be forced to go back to regular rotation sooner than he might want to. 

I wouldn't change a thing. Its Lue's turn to change, just make sure ALL the bigs put it all on the floor for 4 quarters and let Luka Magic bring it home.  Cool
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ROUND 1, GAME 6: LAC (2-3) @ DAL (3-2) | Jun 4, 8 pm | Mavs 1.5 pt & 2.5 pt dogs - by Dahlsim - 06-04-2021, 12:21 PM