Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTICLES & PODS: ROSTER OVERHAUL NEEDED
(07-06-2021, 05:08 PM)Branduil Wrote: I think you're right in the sense that there's little point in discussing a player when we can't talk about what he actually is but when he's solely discussed in terms of people projecting him into what they want him to be.

Simmons has been the exact same guy for his entire career. He's shown zero growth.

I mean...he turned from an okay to good defender into a top 3 defender in the league. That´s certainly growth.
Again. I am interested in an honest discussion. We are talking about the things KP could do under a new coach. We are talking about DeRozan and what he could do. All of that includes projections. Why are we giving them the benefit of the doubt. Not like they changed or improved over the last couple of years. Not like they are any better than Simmons (in my opinion they are worse). 
Of course we don´t want Simmons to be the main ballhandler on a team with bad spacing. Next to a post up big that occupies the paint. But wee have never seen him in a different role. That´s the intriguing part. What can he do when he is the only non shooter on the floor. What can he do with better spacing. What can he do as the roll man next to a another ballhandler.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARTICLES & PODS: ROSTER OVERHAUL NEEDED - by dirkfansince1998 - 07-06-2021, 05:20 PM