Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTICLES & PODS: ROSTER OVERHAUL NEEDED
(07-05-2021, 09:11 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: This reminded me of something I saw where Philly moved Ben Simmons to PF, traded Tobias Harris and brought in a starting PG.  Maybe that is Lonzo (but NO doesn't exactly need Tobias with Zion there).  Maybe that is Lowry (but TOR doesn't exactly need Tobias with Siakam there).

Unlike Collins, Harris can create his own shot and hands out 3.5 assists per game with a 2/1 A/TO ratio.  His contract runs the same length as KP's.  He can defend the position, but rebounding next to KP will be an issue.  Our cap space might help us be a facilitator here.  Having a PF who can create his own shot also takes some of the pressure off of what is required of the guard spot next to Luka.  Now "all you need" is a point of attack defender who can hit 3's (instead of those things plus a playmaker).  

I'm not sure if Philly (or Simmons) would buy into this Simmons at PF theory.  I'm also not sure how much talent has to be traded from Dallas given Harris's massive contract.  But, I thought it was interesting.

Interesting indeed.  Morey will think outside the box and will not settle on a trade.    Some of his late Houston trades (if they were really his trades) did not work out, but unlike the Mavs he has the track record of making things work in most of his trade plans.  

Getting value for Simmons where he was perceived a year ago will be challenging, but I wouldn't put it past him.  I think in a lot of cities you could rehab Simmons image if you didn't find a trade of equal value.  I just don't think Philly is one of those cities.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARTICLES & PODS: ROSTER OVERHAUL NEEDED - by Chicagojk - 07-05-2021, 10:44 AM