Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTICLES & PODS: ROSTER OVERHAUL NEEDED
(07-05-2021, 03:33 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Also real tough to find young players missing 20 games every season and crucial parts of the play-offs.

Luka has all the intangibles himself. He´s basically winning 50% of tournaments and leagues he´s playing in, see Real Madrid and Slovenia. It´s not Luka or his leadership why we are not winning in the NBA. You simply give him a Lavine and Collins instead of a THJ and Kleber, and there are no intangibles in the world that save the Clippers or any other WC team. Only the zebras could stop us.

We are talking about defense. Luka is great but he isn´t Draymond, LBJ or CP3 on that end. Not calling out plays or coaching his teammates. The Mavs have no defensive identity. Part of it is coaching. Other option is a player like Draymond/Smart/Butler/CP3. Looking at championship teams and contenders they always have one or two vet leaders in the rotation (not on the bench). Of course I would prefer to have them on vet min or MLE deals but I don´t think the Mavs are good enough to attract ring chasers.

The two teams in the finals rank 1st and 2nd on defense. 7th and 11th on offense. Defense matters. And more one-way players won´t solve the Mavs problems. That´s what they did in the past and it never worked. Offense was great. Let´s add Johnson, Richardson and Iwundu. Offense tanks. Let´s trade them for Redick.
Yes the Mavs need to find another playmaker but they also have to avoid defensive liabilities (Lavine, DeRozan). Same for the front court. I am all in on Collins. But only if KP is gone. Not enough touches for two max or near max front court players and big concerns about the defensive fit.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARTICLES & PODS: ROSTER OVERHAUL NEEDED - by dirkfansince1998 - 07-05-2021, 06:46 AM