Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
46.67%
7 46.67%
Raptors
53.33%
8 53.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 12: TOR (8-4) @ DAL (7-5) | 110-102 win
#3 of 3 things to watch tonight from MMB.com sums up pretty well, what I have been seeing from an offensive standpoint.  Article is below.

It's a watch-and-see what Luka is going to do show.  He's that good that our offense is still effective, but I just don't see enough guys taking playmaking burden off of him.  Luka needs to either get help OR allow himself to be helped.

Moreover, before the season started, I felt that collectively, the Mavs 3rd - 10th guys are going to have to out-work our opponents 3rd-10th guys.  That's when I was assuming that KP was going to give Luka a little more relief from carrying the team, so now, I'll extend that to the Mavs 2nd-10th corps.

One Man Show

Luka Doncic currently ranks fifth in the NBA in usage rate, though for long stretches watching a Mavericks game it feels like no one on the planet is asked to do more with a basketball. When the Mavericks are at their most stagnant, Luka is not just running the offense, he’s often fending a double or triple team or weighed with the task of finding an inconsistent shooter along the perimeter or heaving another stepback three.

There have been flashes early this season of what this Mavericks team can look like when everything is clicking. There are streaky rhythm shooters on the roster, and if they find that rhythm together they often look unstoppable.

The bottom line is Doncic can’t do it alone. Especially as Kristaps Porzingis continues his journey back from injury. It’s going to take a ten man effort most nights for the Mavericks to beat playoff teams like the Raptors.

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2019/11/16...me-channel
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 12: TOR (8-3) @ DAL (6-5) | Nov 16, 7:30 pm | Mavs 3.5 pt favs - by dcon - 11-16-2019, 01:05 PM