Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTICLES & PODS: ROSTER OVERHAUL NEEDED
(07-03-2021, 01:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sorry, I wasn't talking about the reputation about his personality (I agree with you there). I was talking about the "he's not good enough to win" stuff. You might agree with that, too, but if so, that's where we start to disagree. I think his game and its impact have always been significantly underrated, possibly because of the personality stuff, in part. 

Tried to make it clear that I understood this to be your point (pretty obvious). 

MY point was: "who cares?" He will still only be Conley, not CP3, right? A very good player, and you can easily convince me he might be the best player the Mavs can get, but I don't think I'd see it as a victory since 1) he's unlikely to push the team over the top 2) his age makes it a temporary positive (even in the most optimistic of projections) and 3) he isn't likely to be some great trade asset with the combination of his age and the contract he's about to get. 

To my thinking, if Luka and Porzingis were fitting together like a glove and this team was super close to being a juggernaut, a Conley or Lowry might be perfect. I'm just saying that a younger guy (even if he's a little less established) makes more sense to me, personally.

I don't really want Conley either and I highly doubt he and Utah will part ways.

Oddly enough, you could easily talk me into two years of CP3.  If KP is still part of the future, I'm sure Kidd + CP3 can figure out how to best use him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARTICLES & PODS: ROSTER OVERHAUL NEEDED - by cow - 07-03-2021, 02:57 PM