Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTICLES & PODS: ROSTER OVERHAUL NEEDED
(07-03-2021, 01:29 PM)Kammrath Wrote: My concern with Conley is age, he turns 34 real soon and he hasn't been able to stay healthy. Small guards tend to wear out at his age and minutes (in fact he has already exceeded expectations from my seat). 

I think the Mavs were right to chase him when he was a free agent last.....but now? I personally don't think it would be a wise investment.

Yeah, I don't get the fascination with these types, I really don't. 

Maybe my paradigm on this is too limiting, and maybe we should just be happy with the Mavs adding talent like Conley or Lowry, but to me, their star is 22, and he is already almost beating the freaking Clippers in a 7-game series! Why not add younger prospects around Luka who can grow with him and the team? I mean, it's a totally different story if we're talking about Kawhi Leonard or Dame Lillard - I'd take that top tier of guy at any age. But these tier-2 types who are well into their 30's don't make a lot of sense, imo, because the Mavs' roster isn't ready to take full advantage of them.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARTICLES & PODS: ROSTER OVERHAUL NEEDED - by KillerLeft - 07-03-2021, 01:34 PM