Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARTICLES & PODS: ROSTER OVERHAUL NEEDED
(07-02-2021, 08:47 PM)david75090 Wrote: And Donnie takes the blame for following his boss's orders. Donnie looks like the incompetent.

Perhaps, in a way. But ...

1 Donnie taking the bullets was always part of the landscape. That's more or less what he signed up for, I think. He was the face of the decision-making, even if Cuban was actually setting the direction and deciding the process.

So I don't think Donnie got a raw deal here in how it played out.

2 Nor do I think him being gone is necessarily a plus. They needed to change the decision maker, and the process, and the priorities, and the expertise. But I don't see how any of that has happened at all.

Changing Donnie for someone like Ujiri, and letting Ujiri run the show, was one way to fix it. Adding experts to assist Donnie in areas that needed massive improvement, and letting Donnie truly run the show, was another. But nothing like that happened. They have a bunch of trainees trying to figure it out, none of them the experts in these things, and the very same boss setting the direction and making the calls.

3 I do even wonder if Donnie is gone somewhat of his own volition. Which would mean, him getting fired wasn't unfair, it was just everyone moving on. I'm speculating he decided there was too much Bob (and Cuban) taking them in a subpar direction, Bob was trying to making himself look good at the expense of throwing others under the bus, and he didn't want to live in that world anymore.

4 I also don't think Donnie will offer some grand reveal to make himself look better, or throw Bob or Cuban under the bus. That's not who he is.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARTICLES & PODS: ROSTER OVERHAUL NEEDED - by F Gump - 07-02-2021, 09:06 PM