Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-26-2021, 06:02 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: You guess Forde was working behind the scenes for weeks.

The reason I guess this:

Have you ever had to fire someone? In my experience (and it SUCKS) this generally doesn't happen overnight unless you have an outright scandal where the law is broken. From the boss's perspective, the timeline leading up to someone being fired is a slow and painful process, where you as the boss have seen the possibility for months and even years in advance. When the time comes to fire, there is no surprise and you have LONG had your mind on "what is next" and "who can replace this person?"  

So I put myself in Cuban's shoes and think about ALL that he has witnessed from Donnie (things going back to June 30, 2019 when the Miami trade fell apart in EMBARRASSING fashion). It is hard for me to imagine that Cuban didn't know for a LONG time that Donnie might need to go. And I find it impossible to believe that June 10 was the day he knew. 

Is there a possibility that June 10 was the day? Yes, but from my seat the only way that makes sense is if Donnie literally tried some sort of coup to take power within the organization. I think that is the only way that a firing of Donnie "caught Cuban by surprise." And if that is the case then I am very certain we will never see Donnie employed in the NBA again.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff - by Kammrath - 06-26-2021, 06:10 PM