Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-26-2021, 02:08 PM)Kammrath Wrote: That's not even remotely true. 

All Cato said was that many in the league assumed Forde was a PR stunt. That's it. Please show me something from Cato that I might have missed that directly conflicts with what I am assuming happened. Nothing points to Donnie being relieved of his duties as being a sudden decision from Cuban. In fact all the reporting I have seen (including Cato) point to the fact that this stuff/dysfunction had been brewing for months if not years. 

P.S. The reason I am assuming a longer timeline is because that is by far the most logical and simple explanation of what we have seen. Nothing really points to Cuban being "caught with his pants down" on this. As if somehow Cuban learned of what we all learned from Cato in the last few weeks.

And all you are doing is making even more "assumptions". Maybe try to voice it as an opinion. Not the most logical and simple explanation. It´s still the same thing that noticed after the news first came in. Different posters read the same article. Come to completly different conclusions. You focused on the Donnie/RC angle. Others focused on Cuban´s and Bob´s role. Nothing that was revealed in the last couple of days changed that. Same people (including me) making the same cases.

I don´t see anything that could prove a longer timeline and early hiring of Fords. I don´t see anything that could prove the opposité. You don´t have any factual evidence but for some reason it is the only possible explanation? Sorry. Cannot agree with that logic.

I am making my case based on Cuban´s reaction and the few things we know about Donnie´s and RC´s schedule. He attacked Cato and rallied his remaining allies (Dirk, Finley). If Cuban planned all of this all along he is the worst PR guy ever. Mind you that is only my read of the situation.

I just don´t like the posting style that presents assumptions and opinions as the only logical option or facts. I tend to do it myself when I am really invested into a topic but it creates a lot of friction.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor - by dirkfansince1998 - 06-26-2021, 03:02 PM