Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff
(06-26-2021, 11:55 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Rick's endorsement of Kidd on way out

Extremely inappropriate. Shocking and disappointing on a very high level. Typical of the kind of thing that irritated people about Rick -- saying things that were offensive, tone-deaf and inappropriate, when he could have just kept his mouth shut. 

The conspiracy theories are "poppycock." He was also not just making an inept attempt to do JK a solid -- he knew better and knew exactly what he was doing. He didn't already know Kidd was being hired -- he has been out of the loop for a while. Just let his frustrations get the better of him.

My initial reaction was that this interpretation of Carlisle's comments is crazy hyperbolic and is pretty surprising coming not from a random clickbait blogger but from two guys who actually know Rick personally. Was it inappropriate for him to publicly recommend Kidd for his old job? Perhaps. But offensive and tone-deaf? I just don't see it.

But I also just listened to Dameris expand on that in a Hardline interview, and now it makes more sense. Not only did he say that Carlisle vetoed Kidd returning as an assistant coach because he felt threatened, but he also suggested that Carlisle was insecure about how Mosley had a better relationship with Luka than he did. And he even implied that Carlisle's Kidd recommendation was his way to throw Mosley under the bus out of spite. Yikes. Honestly I didn't get that from his comments, but if that's true it really is pretty sorry.

In any case, I'm weirdly relieved to see a lot of the backroom drama showing its true colors kicking and screaming as it's finally shown the door and exposed to the sunlight. There clearly was a lot of destructive behavior going on among the guys charged to be the team leaders, and it's nice to see those demons exercised.

It's a new day in Mavs land. Onward and upward.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by Tyler - 06-17-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: NEWS: RC has stepped down in DAL - by omahen - 06-17-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff - by Tyler - 06-26-2021, 01:06 PM