Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-26-2021, 12:45 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Yes, I didn't think that you were pretending to know what actually happened. 

I did think that you wanted to believe that Mark intended to fire Donnie and Rick months ago, and that Forde had been hired way back and had found Harrison independently of Mark. Maybe to the point of constructing a story to justify that belief. (Not a lie, just a supposition.)

My question was just a question -- why that state of affairs being the facts seems important. If you're saying it doesn't, my mistake.

To me, it seems easy to believe—likely even—that Cuban’s dissatisfaction with Donnie started earlier in the year. Rick too. That’s my point. It’s not important to me that this is true. 

But it seems significant, if true, in light of all the Cuban criticism here. I suspect he had a plan and executed it. That suspicion may be wrong, but it’s believable. 

What evidence supports that suspicion? Cuban had a 200 million dollar player without an adequate supporting cast, front-office whiffs in back to back summers, a boneheaded error at the trade deadline, and an untenable coach/team relationship. If those situations failed to prompt him to earlier action, I’d be surprised. If instead it was Cato’s reporting that led to his finally, reluctantly taking action, I’d be even more surprised.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor - by Jommybone - 06-26-2021, 08:59 AM