Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-25-2021, 11:04 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Plainly I don’t know. I’m not an insider. But . . . 

1. I find it hard to believe hiring Ford was a PR stunt.

2. I find it easy to believe Cuban hired Ford months ago.

3. I find it easy to believe Harrison was Ford’s recommendation and Kidd was Harrison’s pick.

4. I find it hard to believe Cato has reliable inside sources after Donnie’s ouster.
Cuban devotes a lot of resources to his PR team, who ceaselessly strive to make it easy to believe that he's the smartest guy in the room and hard to believe that anyone he challenges might be right. He has a history of making splashy announcements (like the Ford hire) and then quietly not following through. 

Not saying you're wrong, of course. But you are finding it easy to believe items 2 and 3, which have never been reported to be the case afaik, and are essentially just extrapolations in our imaginations from the fact that Cuban announced he hired Ford.

However it all happened, we have Harrison now, which seems like it might well have some real positives.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor - by mavsluvr - 06-25-2021, 11:16 PM