Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-25-2021, 10:21 PM)Tyler Wrote: I lean more towards the interpretation that Cuban is continuing his long-time efforts to build a player-friendly organization. 

He replaced a coach that rubbed lots of players the wrong way with one they love. He hired a new GM that players universally respect. He groomed a former player into a lead role in the front office, brought in another as a consultant, hired one as the head coach, is looking to add one or more to the coaching staff, has hired several to coach the G-league team, and regularly rotates them through the media team. And to the extent that he clearly favors former Mavs, I see that not so much as naive nostalgia but as a fulfillment of his long time MFFL promise to take care of his own. Whatever criticism one might have about the merit of specific guys at certain positions, that's unquestionably a strong team-centric culture that is clearly very deliberate. Mark is one of the most player-friendly owners in the league, and it's not just talk.

This take is very convincing and I’m willing to buy into this. If this is Cuban’s MO and we fail bc of it I could still be a fan.
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor - by DallasBasketball - 06-25-2021, 10:28 PM