Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-25-2021, 08:38 AM)Kammrath Wrote: EXACTLY. I think too much has been made about Cuban's desire to give the final say. Do owner's in any field really not care what big decisions are being made? 

Cuban wanting the final say isn't the issue, it is assembling a group around him to help him make the final decisions that matters. 

I might be wrong, but I think the voices around Cuban now might be the healthiest they have been in a decade.

All these guys are egomaniacs who are used flexing power when things aren't going the way the want.   None of them are paying billions of dollars for a luxury asset just so they can have good seats for the games.   The main difference with Mark is he likes doing it in front of the camera and enjoys fame, whereas most of these other billionaires like to wield power behind the scenes and stay out of the spotlight.   But this idea that other owners are just okay with just writing checks, going to games and letting other people make all the major decisions on a multi billion dollar asset is really naive to me  That's not how they got to be who they are, and that's not in their DNA.    If they just wanted to be hands off observers and bystanders because they like having fun at games, they could just buy their own luxury box for their local/favorite team and park their money into some other money making asset.    They all got into this biz because they had a dream of being involved in running a professional basketball organization.   Just being a glorified fans wasn't good enough.  
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as President | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor - by HanspardsShowerVoice - 06-25-2021, 08:41 AM