Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-24-2021, 09:38 PM)LifeAquatic Wrote: If this ends up being true, I would assume Cuban had to cede some authority to Nico which would be great news. Actual new blood in here!

Don't get me wrong - I agree with the new blood point, and this is already better than I expected. 

As @"Kammrath" speculated, the most logical conclusion to reach here is that Harrison was offered more official power as GM than other teams have offered him in the past (or who knows, maybe he just liked Dallas and Luka better than those other teams). 

Just gonna add a little tepid water by suggesting that Cuban telling him he'll have the main voice and Cuban actually allowing him to have (and keep) the strongest voice are two very different things. They have gone out of their way to avoid addressing the Voulgaris thing, I guess because his contract had expired. Will they hire him back? If so, will they tell us, or hope nobody asks? Was HE signed off on by Harrison (I'd assume so, if they hire him back). If so, does Harrison really know what he's agreeing to, or is it possible that their relationship blow up by the time the draft is over? If so, which will Cuban side with? 

I like what I'm reading today, but I'm keeping my eyes open.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as President | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor - by KillerLeft - 06-24-2021, 09:44 PM