Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-24-2021, 09:24 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: You don´t get to the position he is in without great knowledge of basketball and the NBA. He played college basketball for four years and for the last 20-25 years he has done nothing else, but to evaluate basketball talent and keep relationships with high end players. He basically unifies the best of both worlds. Why should he not be fit to make strategic basketball or roster decisions?  I don´t see any difference between him and an agent turned GM.

Ok, so you have instant faith in his understanding of all the moving roster parts needed to win, and how each piece that gets put into place alters the requirements for the others needed? Gotcha. 

You might be right, and if so, that would be amazing. 

I'm just saying that with THAT, specific part of the job, I think there's a chance he's not that much more prepared than any peripheral basketball lifer. His career is in a cottage industry built around the NBA, not IN the NBA. Doesn't mean he won't be good at that part, I just don't KNOW yet. 

But if you do, then I'm even happier!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as President | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor - by KillerLeft - 06-24-2021, 09:29 PM