Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MacMahon: DAL not seeking compensation for Carlisle
(06-24-2021, 03:10 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: He was the LAST of the current coaches to leave/get fired, and the second coach hired to fill one of the many vacancies. That should tell us something.

Is this not further proof that the Mavs under Cuban have zero understanding of maximizing assets' worth??  If RC was so in demand that he could walk right into a job without interviewing AND get paid top dollar, shouldn't it have been apparent that the Mavs could and should have demanded compensation for what was seen as a top coach??

Cuban could've told Rick, "Hey, we're not going to bend teams over a barrel, but I contend that a known quantity at coach is worth something (which is what Cuban has been quoted as believing).  So go shop yourself around and we'll figure out something with the prospective team."

Hell, if that had happened and Bird called and said, "We'll give you our very late 2's this year just to get this done", I'd have at least been somewhat okay with it.  It would've at least presented itself as not just giving away perceived value.

Everyone calls Cubes "Russ Hanneman", but in real life he reminds me of the idiot internet political commentator Steven Crowder.  Crowder got famous with his "Change My Mind" shtick on college campuses where he "debates" 19 year olds who are unsophisticated and intimidated by being filmed.  He then cherry picks the ones where he looks good and promotes himself as an "intellectual".  At the same time he refuses to debate anyone who actually knows their stuff (which is how he got the name "Cold Feet Crowder").  At the same time you have Mark Cuban who sells himself as the business man's business man.  He's a regular on Shark Tank where he tees off on "mom n' pop" sized start ups and punches down at people with a disproportionate negotiating platform.  And then, with some savvy editing, he looks like a "badass".  In reality, the notable business that he runs (the Mavs), which goes up against people who legitimately understand business, is a perpetual clusterfuck under his management.  There is not a discernable management hierarchy.  He is oblivious to the human resource atrocities that go on under his nose.  Under his watch the team intentionally makes no effort at acquiring assets from 50% of the opportunities afforded them (the draft).  And under the other half he has cultivated an image in which he's seemingly turned off free agents unless they're grossly overpaid.

Would getting two late 2's for Rick have completely changed my mind on Cuban's ability to run a business?  No.  But it wouldn't have hurt.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MacMahon: DAL not seeking compensation for Carlisle - by RasheedsBigWhiteSpot - 06-24-2021, 04:14 PM