Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-23-2021, 11:24 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If this is really how it goes, then it's about the best case scenario from here, imo. Sure, the new guy might blow, but every team runs that risk with every new hire. All I think it's reasonable to demand, as fans, is that there's a plan and a system in place. One that can be evaluated from time to time, and with someone at the top who can be held accountable, someone who can be replaced.

Yeah, I agree. This is my attempt to piece together the podcast details into what I think makes sense from an organizational standpoint. 

Cuban wants the final say on stuff, but doesn't want to do day to day oversight. That is where Fin comes in. He is basically Mark's eyes and ears within the organization, making sure that everything is running as it should be. I then imagine the new GM being the real voice and power of building the team. Fin will make sure that GM does his job, Cuban will then give the final sign off on the decisions.

To me it makes a ton of sense and is streamlined while also having good checks and balances.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out | Forde's Sportsology to assist | no chance on Ujiri? - by Kammrath - 06-23-2021, 11:58 PM