Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-23-2021, 09:02 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yeah Followill is just a puppet of Cuban. Probably propaganda, right @mavsluvr?

You seem dismissive of this, but I almost always assume that what I read is crafted to suit someone's purpose. I'm not suggesting that this isn't an accurate summary of the podcast, or that Followil or Dameris are intentionally misleading anyone, but it's certainly possible that someone is feeding them exactly what they think will make us more excited about these likely upcoming choices, no? 

I feel you are familiar with this concept, as you've written like 4-5 times that you don't accept the full extent of what was suggested about Voulgaris in the Cato/Amick article, pointing out that the multiple sources were likely his enemies, stretching the truth a bit to paint a certain picture. For what it's worth, I think there's probably some truth to that (astute), although there's McMahon's quote that you could "throw a dart" and find someone willing to talk behind Voulgaris' back to consider, as well as this clip that seems to suggest Voulgaris was singularly hated as much or more than anyone Amick has come across in his entire career in journalism. 

https://youtu.be/cYFw7FCaZq0

So think about it: if you're Cuban and you feel about the Cato/Amick article about how you, Kammrath do, which I find likely, wouldn't you be pretty eager to fight back? I've been waiting for the Fish article to drop, but I guess that really isn't a thing these days. 

And, I'm not even saying this is fluffed, which I feel you are stating about the Cato/Amick thing. I'm suggesting it as a possibility. You know, to add nuance to the conversation. 

And again, like you, I like what I read just now. I hope it works!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out | Forde's Sportsology to assist | no chance on Ujiri? - by KillerLeft - 06-23-2021, 09:15 PM