Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-23-2021, 03:32 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: I guess my point is, if your goal is a championship, who really cares if one team has a "better core" than another. They're all sitting at home watching the playoffs with you and me. Maybe the Mavs struck out swinging. Maybe Utah hit some singles and doubles and their inning ended with a grounder to short. Who cares if both teams are out?

Luka probably cares.  Young has made it to the conference finals.  Ayton will probably be in the Finals.   It wouldn't surprise me if Jaren Jackson Jr and the Grizzlies have more success than the Mavs in the coming year.  Those are his draft contemporaries.  A good core helps your team win.  Winning helps you attract more talent or gives you the flexibility to trade for greater talent.  

Always swinging for the fences and never making contact is going to get your butt sent to the minor leagues or in Mark's case, is going to see a generational talent walk out the door because you couldn't build a team properly.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out | Forde's Sportsology to assist | no chance on Ujiri? - by cow - 06-23-2021, 03:39 PM