Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-23-2021, 09:32 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Unless it is an Isaiah Thomas sex scandal type thing, I can't think of a single report throughout my history of watching the NBA where the kind of specifics you're asking for came out. I don't think that's gonna change. 

Now, maybe Bob just really hated the way Donnie and RC tried to throw their weight around when he was hired, and he was the guy that pushed back, and then won the argument with the owner. That in turn made the duo poison the well for Bob around the office, so then everyone is looking for reasons to hate the guy.

In that instance, it's still the right thing to do, if you're gonna keep all the other personnel, to let Bob go. I mean, if everyone is still going look for the bad in him, there is no reason to keep him. Just be done with that chapter and move on. He can't be the only analytics guy around that can decide that Green is better than Bey.

Ok ok...I forgot about him POSSIBLY calling the shots on draft night and pissing scouts off.   Thats a valid argument if true.   Even more valid if he didnt consult with any scouts on the pick and made it anyway....which I highly doubt but still very possibly.  I just dont think it was Bob calling the shots on Green over Bey....I think it was Mark.

On that example though...everyone makes mistakes....even at the top level.   Maybe his decisions the last 2 years as a whole have been awful.   Do we know that Rick allowed Bob's strategy to be fully implemented?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out | Forde's Sportsology to assist | no chance on Ujiri? - by dynamicalVoid - 06-23-2021, 09:53 AM