Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-23-2021, 08:21 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: This is the argument I used against I think a KL doom and gloom post

Read it again. Dan's thoughts are the same as mine. I agree with everything. 

(06-23-2021, 06:56 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: My hope in all of this is Cuban upgrades himself by narrowing his role to whatever he's best at and hires the rest of it out.  I have serious doubts as to whether vision/strategy guy is the right answer.  He appears to hold to certain philosophies that haven't been productive.  Undervaluing the draft and this constant pursuit of Sammie Superstar is killing us.  Singles and doubles would be much better than striking out because you are trying so hard to exclusively hit home runs.  Where would we be if someone had convinced him that we should actually use resources the last two summers rather than chase Giannis (hint...probably still playing).  Atlanta and Phoenix are still playing and we are not partially because we kept our powder dry while they went out and got Paul and Crowder and Gallinari and Bogdanovic and Lou Williams and Torrey Craig to supplement the core that was already there.  That isn't just a failing on Donnie's part.  It is a failing of vision and strategy.  The madness has to stop.

See, @"ItsGoTime"? This is EVERYONE'S hope. Does anyone expect it to happen?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out | Forde's Sportsology to assist | no chance on Ujiri? - by KillerLeft - 06-23-2021, 08:25 AM