Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-22-2021, 10:03 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Cjeter, it seems from what we've heard that Cuban still wants a basketball mind to listen to. As long as the chain of command makes sense and there isn't the cluster of the past two years (and the incompetence of the prior years), this could turn out ok. Fingers crossed.

I'm worried Finley is the basketball mind. 
but more concerning there was clear dysfunction and poor structure in the front office here. And they are going to promote from within someone who has only known dysfunction and poor structure here. It's really hard to expect that changes. 

that's why we needed an outside voice in charge IMO.

(06-22-2021, 10:04 PM)Tyler Wrote: To the contrary -- I think the evidence is there that this is exactly what Cuban is planning.

For reference, Donnie carried the dual titles of General Manager and President of Basketball Operations. Note that Marc Stein reported that Finley is being strongly considered for the President of Basketball Operations position and that Dallas plans to hire at least one external exec. The logical conclusion is that they're still actively looking for a GM.

But we'll see soon enough.

Man... I so hope you are right. I'm skeptical and disheartened as a fan right now. I'm having a hard time being optimistic about anything Mavs.

This week has been rough.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out | Forde's Sportsology to assist | no chance on Ujiri? - by cjeter24 - 06-22-2021, 10:05 PM