Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-22-2021, 09:56 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: I can certainly get behind Finley running the business side aspect and having someone else below him as the actual gm. Basically the power of the roster construction isn't the president of basketball ops like it has been but in the GM instead. 

If that's the case, then I'm ok with it. But nothing suggests that's the way Cuban plans on operating. 

To the contrary -- I think the evidence is there that this is exactly what Cuban is planning.

For reference, Donnie carried the dual titles of General Manager and President of Basketball Operations. Note that Marc Stein reported that Finley is being strongly considered for the President of Basketball Operations position and that Dallas plans to hire at least one external exec. The logical conclusion is that they're still actively looking for a GM.

But we'll see soon enough.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by cow - 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by DaRiv - 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out as Mavs GM - by WillE - 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: NEWS: Donnie Nelson out | Forde's Sportsology to assist | no chance on Ujiri? - by Tyler - 06-22-2021, 10:04 PM